More Event Ideas
Some other past events include:
- The Unitarian Universalist Society of Amherst collected a dedicated offering for Safe Passage at a weekly service in 2012. A Safe Passage staff member spoke to the congregation about Safe Passage’s work and the impact of the congregation’s support.
- The Women Business Owner’s Alliance holds an annual dinner and comedy show called the Women’s Night of Comedy. The event benefits three different nonprofits each year, and we were thrilled that Safe Passage was chosen as a beneficiary in 2012.
- A Safe Passage donor made and donated a beautiful quilt. Happy Valley displayed the quilt for several months, and sold raffle tickets to its customers…one of whom was lucky enough to win the quilt!
- Amy’s Place in Easthampton celebrated its 10th year in business with a big party for its customers and staff. Customers tipped generously and the staff donated all their tips, plus proceeds from a raffle, to Safe Passage.
The possibilities are endless!
Remember Safe Passage at your special celebration:
- Ask for donations to Safe Passage in lieu of gifts at your upcoming wedding, graduation, 50th birthday celebration, or 25th wedding anniversary.
Think of Safe Passage at work:
- Jeans Day – have your staff make a small donation to dress down on Fridays.
- Corporate gifts – send a holiday card letting your vendors or customers know you have made a gift in their honor or tell your customers you will donate a percentage of your sales to Safe Passage for a week or a month.
- Put together a raffle at your holiday party or summer retreat, and donate the proceeds to Safe Passage.
- Matching Gift Programs – your employer may match gifts made to Safe Passage. What a great way to grow your gift!
Bring your friends together:
- Sell tickets to a bowling/golf/croquet/softball tournament, concert, or poetry reading, and donate the proceeds to Safe Passage.
Get your kids involved:
- Ask for donations in lieu of birthday or Bat/Bar Mitzvah gifts.
- Hold a car wash, talent show, or lemonade stand to raise money for Safe Passage.
Organize a special event through your college or high school student association or club:
- Hold a talent show, theater or a cappella performance, sporting event, or band concert to raise money for Safe Passage.
- Organize a campus-wide gift card, toiletries, or cell phone drive (please check Safe Passage’s current wish list before publicizing the drive).
Be creative and feel free to contact us with ideas or questions, or to submit your Community Event Fundraising and Liability Release Agreement. Thank you for your support!