Volunteer at Safe Passage and...
The work of ending domestic violence and relationship abuse cannot be done alone—we need your help to make it a reality!
We view our volunteers as a direct link to the communities we serve, and believe in crafting meaningful personal and communal experiences that bolster the mission of Safe Passage and strengthen community connections.
We know that volunteers come to Safe Passage with a wealth of knowledge, skills, and experience. We seek volunteers from all walks of life and backgrounds (no prior experience working in domestic violence advocacy is required), and will work with you to make sure you feel prepared for and supported in your time here.
To get started:
Sign up to attend an upcoming Volunteer Info Session! All prospective volunteers should participate in one of these sessions, which will give you more information on who we are, the logistics of the program, and what to expect from involvement. After the session, you will have the option to fill out a Volunteer Application and continue your experience.
Not ready for an Info Session yet? Sign up to receive emails that keep you connected to future volunteer opportunities.
The goals of the Volunteer Program at Safe Passage are:
- To expand our organizational capacities with the skills and knowledge of community members.
- To build and maintain an informed and skilled community capable of taking action to support survivors and prevent violence.
- To create and deepen mutually beneficial relationships between our organization and community members.
Safe Passage Volunteers are also welcome to use this experience for academic or professional purposes. Safe Passage can work with individual volunteers to accommodate academic or professional requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at Safe Passage, please sign up to attend a Volunteer Info Session below.
Our volunteer program has two different tracks: Ambassador and Service. Both tracks allow for opportunities for volunteers to engage fully and meaningfully in the work that we do! Every department of Safe Passage is working toward our overall goal of a world without violence.
In the Ambassador Track, volunteers support us in Community Engagement & Outreach, Development, and Legislative Advocacy.
Possible projects include:
- Contributing to social media strategy and content creation
- Supporting our overall marketing and communications efforts
- Providing facilitation support for community education opportunities, prevention initiative workshops, and special events
- Providing administrative support for Development or Community Engagement
- Assisting in program development, outreach, research, and data collection
- Supporting Community Engagement programming by acting as a Volunteer Leader
Total training time required: 6-15 hours
Please click over to the “Current Opportunities” tab to review a list of open, established volunteer positions.
We currently offer internships on a case by case basis, and generally provide the same programming for interns as we do for volunteers. This means that if our volunteer programming fulfills your internship requirements, we are more than happy to approve your internship here with Safe Passage! However, your internship requirements may exceed what we can offer. In this case, we may not be able to accommodate your needs.
To request information about an internship, please email the Community Engagement Coordinator at email@example.com with your interests and information about your internship requirements (i.e. how many hours needed, supervision requirements, length of internship and ideal start date, etc.).